While this might not be a device that everyone will be interested in, for those who want the ability to have their monitor to display TV output, it works wonderfully. It gives a very reasonable image quality that doesn't have that scratchy appearance that is put out by most internal tuners. It also accepted all cable channels I had available with no problems at all. And best of all, it won't interfere with the OS in any way.
But if you want the ability to do image captures or record a show that is playing, then you'll be out of luck with this model. You'll need to look elsewhere for a device that allows this capability, but it will likely come at the cost of reduced image quality.
Another nice feature is the ability to hook up other devices to it. If you have a movie you want to watch on VHS, then just hook up your VCR to the back of the box and you're set. Camcorder got something of interest? Hook it up. If it has either Composite or S-Video output, it will work with the PlayTV Box.
Bottom line... If you've been looking for a means to watch TV on the PC but don't want it to interfere with your system, then you have found what you've been searching for. If you plan on recording, however, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Easy to hook up
No compatibility problems with OS
Accepts most standard video devices
Output to any device with VGA compatibility
Slight image degradation
No capture abilities
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV Box - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV Box - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PlayTV Box - Page 3 [Description/Contents]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower