While this might not be a device that everyone will be interested in, for those who want the ability to have their monitor to display TV output, it works wonderfully. It gives a very reasonable image quality that doesn't have that scratchy appearance that is put out by most internal tuners. It also accepted all cable channels I had available with no problems at all. And best of all, it won't interfere with the OS in any way.
But if you want the ability to do image captures or record a show that is playing, then you'll be out of luck with this model. You'll need to look elsewhere for a device that allows this capability, but it will likely come at the cost of reduced image quality.
Another nice feature is the ability to hook up other devices to it. If you have a movie you want to watch on VHS, then just hook up your VCR to the back of the box and you're set. Camcorder got something of interest? Hook it up. If it has either Composite or S-Video output, it will work with the PlayTV Box.
Bottom line... If you've been looking for a means to watch TV on the PC but don't want it to interfere with your system, then you have found what you've been searching for. If you plan on recording, however, you'll want to look elsewhere.
Easy to hook up
No compatibility problems with OS
Accepts most standard video devices
Output to any device with VGA compatibility
Slight image degradation
No capture abilities
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV Box - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV Box - Page 2 [Specifications]
- PlayTV Box - Page 3 [Description/Contents]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ