You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G is the first 120GB sample we've received with the SandForce SF-2200 controller and a capacity size of 120GB. The OCZ Vertex 3 120GB retail drive shipped out while I was writing this article and will not be here for another couple of days. In our performance charts used to compare the OWC SSD today we have several drives from years past and an engineering sample 240GB Vertex 3. The Vertex 3 uses a very early firmware revision that does not support TRIM as it should; we touched on this in our Fill Testing article. The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G did not have this problem, as you will see in a few pages.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO, the industry standard for manufacturers to make performance claims, we achieved a maximum read speed of over 560MB/s. The maximum write speed recorded was nearly 500MB/s on our GIGABYTE P67A-UD5 motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]