In conclusion, I believe the Shuttle AS45GTR definitely cleared up all the criticism about the SiS 648 chipset. As I stated earlier, I was extremely disappointed with the P4S8X and its performance and must admit I blamed most of it on the chipset. But the AS45GTR definitely proved me wrong.
The stability on this motherboard was significantly better then that of the Asus. Running the test rig with this motherboard for about a week definitely assured me that it's 100% stable. And performance-wise, it isn't to shabby either. This motherboard isn't as fast as the Intel chipset we compared it to (i845E), but it still stuck with it and only lost by a few points most of the time. Perhaps we can see a performance boost with an updated BIOS?
The extra features make up a bit for the trailing performance. It comes with all the bells and whistles. Things like DDR 400 support, 6 channels sound, Serial ATA/RAID, IEEE 1394 Firewire support etc. This motherboard has all the features you will need (excluding LAN) and brings it to the table at a decent price. It is retailing at about US$121 on Price Watch; definitely a great price.
Tons of great features
No onboard LAN
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 2 [Chipset Overview/Specifications]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 3 [Packaging]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 4 [Motherboard]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 5 [BIOS]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 6 [Testing]
- Shuttle AS45GTR - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard