Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the outside the Thor uses a mix of black painted steel, black steel mesh, and black ABS plastic covering the front and top of the chassis. The top of the chassis has movable louvers over the top of a 230mm fan. The front also holds a 230mm fan as the intake behind a large mesh panel. Above the intake fan you will find room to expose up to six optical drives or 5.25" devices. On both sides of the 5.25" covers that come in the chassis there is a removable component to allow you to remove the covers without having to pull the entire bezel off. Between the top and the front you will find the front I/O. Not only do you get the typical layout, but Rosewiil equips this with two fan controllers for up to six fans. There is also USB 3.0. The left door houses the same X shaped mesh window that the Utgard had, but it has been shifted down and this allows for three little vents to be added to the top of the door. Speaking of the doors, these open like a car door, they don't slide on the frame, making them much easier to use.
Inside the chassis you will first notice it also is completely black to match the outside. Under the optical bays oriented perpendicular to them you have a six drive 3.5" rack. All six dive bays use steel trays with holes in them for both 3.5" drive and 2.5" drives. The tray orientation is nice as well; once the drive is installed the wiring is all in the back and hidden. Besides the two fans I already mentioned, you will find a 230mm inside the door and a 140mm fan in the rear of the chassis. Below this you will find not only ten expansion slots, but a fully tool-free clip system to lock the cards in place. This leaves the motherboard tray, and it's a nice one. It offers eight normal management holes and one really large one by the bottom mounted power supply. All of these holes have soft rubber grommets for that finished look. There is a large access hole for the CPU and the tray will accommodate m-ATX, ATX, E-ATX, and XL-ATX motherboards.
Since Rosewill is Newegg.com's "house brand", it's obvious you will find it there first. Looking at Google shopping I found it located there as well as Amazon.com or Newegg's sister site, cheifValue.com. Pricing across the board is exactly the same and all three are offering free shipping with the purchase. Now, I get that a product made by a company for a company has its benefits, but the scoring will show a bit of a hit due to only three places you can get the Thor currently. Pricing is set at Newegg.com at 149.99 which matches the MSRP on Rosewill's site. For what the specs and features show, this seems to be one heck of a deal for $150, but I will let you make the final decision.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit