The Western Digital Scorpio Black
Western Digital sends their HDD samples in OEM packaging, so we're not going to get to see the full retail package. Here we see our bare drive. On the top label we found the model number, serial number and capacity size right on the front. A note was also found about the Advanced Format Drive - we will cover this in the conclusion.
On the back everything is tucked away on the other side of the PCB. This will keep the surface mount components safe. The four bottom mounting points are where they should be so you will not have an issue mounting the Scorpio Black in a notebook that uses the under mount screw system.
The side mounts are also present if your notebook or desktop adapter bracket uses these to install the drive.
On the back of the drive we found the SATA power and data connectors to be where they should. Also, there is a four pin area where a jumper gets placed when installing the advanced format drive in a system like Windows XP that is not designed for the new advanced format.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds beta coming to Xbox One very soon
- COD: WWII recommended GPU for beta: GeForce GTX 1060
- Intel making self-learning CPU, acts like human brain
- Core i9-7980XE used to break 4 world records in 3DMark
- Showtime busted mining Monero on visitors' CPUs
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM