The Western Digital Scorpio Black
Western Digital sends their HDD samples in OEM packaging, so we're not going to get to see the full retail package. Here we see our bare drive. On the top label we found the model number, serial number and capacity size right on the front. A note was also found about the Advanced Format Drive - we will cover this in the conclusion.
On the back everything is tucked away on the other side of the PCB. This will keep the surface mount components safe. The four bottom mounting points are where they should be so you will not have an issue mounting the Scorpio Black in a notebook that uses the under mount screw system.
The side mounts are also present if your notebook or desktop adapter bracket uses these to install the drive.
On the back of the drive we found the SATA power and data connectors to be where they should. Also, there is a four pin area where a jumper gets placed when installing the advanced format drive in a system like Windows XP that is not designed for the new advanced format.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!