Moving to the inside of the case we come across the optical drive bays. While nothing fancy, they do manage to get the job done with little fuss. And best of all is that when you remove both side panels, you have a clear shot at the sides of the drive bay box. This helps make sure that you won't have to worry too much about losing screws inside the case when you drop them while installing your CD/DVD type devices.
Also you'll see that the front aluminum cover plates are easily accessible and easier to remove.
Here is a quick peek of the 3.5" floppy bays. The same principle exists here as it does for the optical bays. Easy access and the same easy-to-remove front cover panels.
Directly below the 3.5" external drive bays is where you'll find the hard disk storage. This is where I had to sit back and think a moment when I first looked at it. Something just doesn't look right, especially for those who are not accustomed to the Lian-Li line of enclosures. Have you spotted the difference yet?
Given the width -vs- height comparison, the area is just too long to be able to fit a standard hard drive. That is because you mount them in an up-and-down position instead of longways. The advantage of this is the ability to mount up to five devices in an area that traditionally allows for only four drives to be installed. It also allows for every one of these drives to have direct access to the fresh air that is being blasted in through the pair of front mounted fans.
Also of note is that the entire storage bay is removable. See the pair of thumbscrews to the lower right of the bays? Just remove them and you can easily slide out the entire unit and install the hard drives with ease. Though different from what I've been used to, it was a very simple and effective means to deal with storage.
Exhaust fans on the rear of the case have been in existence for some time now, but this was an unusual specimen since they added a fan grill to an exhaust fan. I have long been an advocate of having fan grills on heatsink units since they help protect your internal cabling (not to mention tender fingers). The addition of a grill to the exhaust fan is unusual, but very well received.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 3 [Exterior]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 4 [Interior]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 5 [Cooling]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 6 [Other Features]
- Xoxide LL60 - Page 7 [Performance/Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. roster leak suggests Metroid's Ridley
- Overwatch splash art spotted in Paladins advertisement
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- SEGA teases upcoming Sonic Racing game information
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit