The ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional motherboard uses the new EFI (Enhanced Firmware Interface) for its BIOS. It gives it a little more flare and accessibility. Of course, you have Fatal1ty staring at you with his little smirk from every page, but after a while you really do not notice.
The OC Tweaker page is nice, but I found that the scroll wheel on the mouse did not work all the time on this page. I ended up using the arrow keys to move or clicking on the up and down buttons on the page. Still, there are more than enough controls here to keep you busy and to give you the best performance out of the hardware you have installed.
All the way at the bottom of the OC Tweaker page you will find a few slots to save your favourite configurations so you can quickly bounce back between overclocks as needed.
On the Fatal1ty the Advanced page seems to have all of the seldom used options. This is ok as it keeps the overclocking pages clean and all of the other tools centrally located for easy use.
You can tinker with everything from the Northbridge controls to the Storage Configuration.
The ASRock still has all of the monitoring you are used to as well as a nice boot sequence page.
In all the BIOS is clean and well laid out. I was not happy with the background image as I feel it makes the information hard to read at times. Still, that is something that I can overlook as it does not affect performance at all (it is just a little tacky).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Overclocking]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 9 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 11 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age breaks 1 million sales
- Square Enix explains why it cut off Hitman dev
- ThinkPad Black Friday sale has a giant 35% off coupon
- Nintendo Switch drives Gamestop hardware sales
- Tencent will publish PUBG in China
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ