Well, after the testing is complete I was a little surprised by the results. I really wasn't expecting a copper cooler to perform no better than an aluminum one, but the results were checked and the test system was checked twice to make sure that everything was in order. I still feel that a good lapping would greatly enhance the numbers, but some folks just don't want to have to put out the effort.
But now comes the entertaining part, PRICE! Just like it's little brother, you'll be looking at a suggested retail price of US$9.95. And yes, I realize that we are talking about a copper sink with a Y.S. Tech fan, but that price one more time is $9.95! This is certainly in line for those looking for a cooling solution that will beat out the stock coolers but don't want to put out much money.
I would advise, however, that if you have serious plans on overclocking, then look for a better cooler. That is not what this one was designed for and it would have a difficult time performing in an acceptable manner in its current condition.
Bottom line...Just like the aluminum KN02 model reviewed previously, if you are in the market for an affordable HSF that performs well above the stock coolers offered on the Athlon processors, then you have definitely found your cooler. But if you have serious plans of overclocking in your future, then look at something more high-end.
Y.S. Tech fan
Base needs work
Clip uses only a single lug
Performance is a bit behind other budget coolers
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard