Well, after the testing is complete I was a little surprised by the results. I really wasn't expecting a copper cooler to perform no better than an aluminum one, but the results were checked and the test system was checked twice to make sure that everything was in order. I still feel that a good lapping would greatly enhance the numbers, but some folks just don't want to have to put out the effort.
But now comes the entertaining part, PRICE! Just like it's little brother, you'll be looking at a suggested retail price of US$9.95. And yes, I realize that we are talking about a copper sink with a Y.S. Tech fan, but that price one more time is $9.95! This is certainly in line for those looking for a cooling solution that will beat out the stock coolers but don't want to put out much money.
I would advise, however, that if you have serious plans on overclocking, then look for a better cooler. That is not what this one was designed for and it would have a difficult time performing in an acceptable manner in its current condition.
Bottom line...Just like the aluminum KN02 model reviewed previously, if you are in the market for an affordable HSF that performs well above the stock coolers offered on the Athlon processors, then you have definitely found your cooler. But if you have serious plans of overclocking in your future, then look at something more high-end.
Y.S. Tech fan
Base needs work
Clip uses only a single lug
Performance is a bit behind other budget coolers
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series