What better way to test a new cooler than to run it through the tried and true methods that have been used for the past couple of years? We'll begin with an idle temperature reading and then throw it into a Quake III Arena Deathmatch. Once it has had a chance to cool down a bit, we'll run it through a looping of MadOnion's 3DMark2001 Demo. All testing was conducted with an ambient temperature of 21C.
But first, lets take a look at the testing system:
Antec PLUS1080 Tower Case
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR Memory
X-Micro Impact Ti4200
Seagate Barracuda 40GB Hard Drive
Arctic Silver III
Results - Idle
Though not the outright winner, the results were very acceptable for idle temperatures. The fin contact and the strange design in the base don't seem to be causing any trouble...yet.
Results - Quake III Arena
I think that the fins design and the base are now beginning to show themselves. Though this cooler is copper, it ties the results produced from the aluminum KN02 aluminum model. A good lapping will most assuredly garner more impressive results, but we have always tested factory condition here and I won't change that now.
Results - 3DMark2001 Demo Loop
Again I ended up with identical results as the aluminum cooler. While not in line for what I would have expected, we are still getting results that come in below my very strict 45C temperature guideline. While most people are happy with anything under 50C, I am a bit more hard-headed and this cooler does manage to keep you under that ceiling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- Justin Roiland introduces Squanch Games and teases new title
- Fortnite: 30 million players, 1.3 million concurrent gamers
- COD: WWII sold 5x more than Star Wars: Battlefront II in Nov
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced, has 4-player co-op
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Z270X Gaming K7....SLOW Boot?
- ATEN Phantom S UC3410 Gamepad to Keyboard Emulator Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series