What better way to test a new cooler than to run it through the tried and true methods that have been used for the past couple of years? We'll begin with an idle temperature reading and then throw it into a Quake III Arena Deathmatch. Once it has had a chance to cool down a bit, we'll run it through a looping of MadOnion's 3DMark2001 Demo. All testing was conducted with an ambient temperature of 21C.
But first, lets take a look at the testing system:
Antec PLUS1080 Tower Case
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR Memory
X-Micro Impact Ti4200
Seagate Barracuda 40GB Hard Drive
Arctic Silver III
Results - Idle
Though not the outright winner, the results were very acceptable for idle temperatures. The fin contact and the strange design in the base don't seem to be causing any trouble...yet.
Results - Quake III Arena
I think that the fins design and the base are now beginning to show themselves. Though this cooler is copper, it ties the results produced from the aluminum KN02 aluminum model. A good lapping will most assuredly garner more impressive results, but we have always tested factory condition here and I won't change that now.
Results - 3DMark2001 Demo Loop
Again I ended up with identical results as the aluminum cooler. While not in line for what I would have expected, we are still getting results that come in below my very strict 45C temperature guideline. While most people are happy with anything under 50C, I am a bit more hard-headed and this cooler does manage to keep you under that ceiling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One has 1TB HDD, includes three games
- Epic won't let 'crappy games' on its store
- Steam's library UI is getting a makeover
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023