What better way to test a new cooler than to run it through the tried and true methods that have been used for the past couple of years? We'll begin with an idle temperature reading and then throw it into a Quake III Arena Deathmatch. Once it has had a chance to cool down a bit, we'll run it through a looping of MadOnion's 3DMark2001 Demo. All testing was conducted with an ambient temperature of 21C.
But first, lets take a look at the testing system:
Antec PLUS1080 Tower Case
EPoX 8KHA+ Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Processor
512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR Memory
X-Micro Impact Ti4200
Seagate Barracuda 40GB Hard Drive
Arctic Silver III
Results - Idle
The Nexus cooler is sitting one degree behind the Thermaltake unit, but still in line with other budget coolers available.
Results - Quake III Arena
We're falling a bit behind but still within the acceptable temperature window. I generally set my limit at 45C as the ceiling to work under, so we're still there.
Results - 3DMark2001 Demo Loop
Again, we're skirting close to the ceiling but still within what is considered acceptable by nearly all standards. But before you think me crazy for accepting a cooler that isn't winning the war, take a note of the comments on the next page. I think it will clear the fog around this mysterious attitude.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct