The Kingston SSDNow V100 256GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Kingston SSDNow V100. The drive is heavier than it looks; a testament to the quality of the aluminum case that holds the PCB. The top label includes the drive's capacity and model number.
The back of the drive is fairly straight forward with all of the mounting points located where they should be.
The side mounting points are also located within spec, so you won't have any problems installing the drive in a desktop adapter or notebook drive sled.
On the back we found the SATA power and data connectors also where they should be.
Inside the case we found a thermal transfer pad on the Toshiba branded JM618 controller. The SSDNow V100 uses sixteen Toshiba 32nm flash modules - eight on each side.
On the opposite side we see the other eight Toshiba flash modules and a 64MB cache module made by MIRA. This is the first time we've seen MIRA in a SSD. At CES we talked to Toshiba and heard them talk about offering customers like Kingston a total Toshiba solution where the flash, cache and controller are all from Toshiba, but the V100 and V+100 both use cache from other manufacturers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz