The Kingston SSDNow V+100 256GB SSD
Here we get our first look at the Kingston SSDNow V+100. The drive is heavier than it looks; a testament to the quality of the aluminum case that holds the PCB. The top label includes the drive's capacity and model number.
The back of the drive is fairly straight forward with all of the mounting points located where they should be.
The side mounting points are also located within spec, so you won't have any problems installing the drive in a desktop adapter or notebook drive sled.
On the back we found the SATA power and data connectors also where they should be.
On the inside we found a large thermal transfer pad covering the entire surface mount component side of the drive. This allows the drive to withstand a higher shock than drives without the extra protection and also aids to pull heat from the components.
The Kingston SSDNow V+100 uses the Toshiba controller and pairs it with Toshiba flash. A 128MB Micron cache module is also used on the V+100 and acts as a buffer so the drive doesn't stutter when writing data.
The back of the PCB is pretty bare and void of components. There is an identifying sticker for use by Kingston, but that is about all on this side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit