We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
As with most Sandy Bridge motherboards, the P67A-UD4 does pretty well when it comes to power. It is not the most efficient, but it still keeps things under 100 Watts at idle and inside 240 when under full load.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
Heat generation is also not too bad with the P67A-UD4 even with the abbreviated cooling. This is good for the consumer as it can mean longer component life.
I was not exactly sure what to think of the P67A-UD4. Where it stands in the market is just under the top end P67A-UD7. However, it is something of an anomaly. While it did not perform all that well in our common computing testing, it certainly excelled at gaming.
The thing that makes this even odder is that it only uses the PCIe controller from the CPU to control the video line. The rest of the package is nice and clean with good supporting software. GIGABYTE really is moving into their own with the last few products. We can see this in the level of thought and manufacturing effort put into both the P67A-UD4 and the P67A-UD7.
Once things return to normal with the B3 stepping Cougar Points we can expect to see this board squarely aimed at the mid-level consumer market. It has good overclocking potential, good gaming potential and with some work on the BIOS it will probably pick up the general computing side of things as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Battlegrounds' desert map shown off in 3 new screenshots
- Tesla's new electric semi is the future of trucks
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil spotted
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ