While Antec is a bit late to the all-in-one water coolers, they are making a pretty good entry. This unit is able to slightly outperform the direct competition while keeping a very close second to a version that includes two fans and a thicker radiator. What's there not to like? I mean if you are going to enter the market with a cooler we have seen in other variations, you've got to bring it to the table, or you might as well not bother showing up. Antec took full advantage of what Asetek had to offer and delivered a very efficient variant in the KÃHLER H2O 620.
Things I disliked about the cooler are minimal. It seems the more I use the hardware the easier it gets, but the system is pretty complex, and if you make a little mistake like placing the adapters in the top ring backwards, you will soon have to disassemble most of your work to correct the issue. That's really all I have. Things I would want from Antec, since the 620 performed so well...well, I would like to see a two fan version of this, or maybe Antec will take the lead and make a dual radiator version available to the masses. I know CoolIt will do it, but it seems to be custom orders only; let's see it done for the masses.
Is this the top dog in all-in-one coolers? Not exactly, but very close, especially with the lack of dissipation area and only half the fans of the H70. So it all comes down to the price tag. With the other versions already taking the market by storm, they are able to lower pricing at this point. As a comparison, Newegg.com lists the H70 for $109.99 and the H50 for $75.99 currently. With the results the Antec KÃHLER H20 620 was able to produce, that $69.95 US dollar MSRP doesn't sound so bad anymore, does it?
If you want one of the better of the all-in-one, easy to use water coolers, I would suggest the Antec has more bang for the buck than does any of its competition. That is why I award it the Editors Choice award and rated it accordingly in the scores.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard