Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
With a cooler of this nature you have to take into consideration the CFM produced by the fan included in the kit. These results are with the fan running at 7.5V, so considerably less CFM than the almost 50 CFM this fan tops out at. The results aren't chart topping, but do show this cooler is on point with the Jing and Hati; both silent cooling solutions.
The load testing results are confusing to me. The results show mediocre performance at best with the fan that comes included with the Freezer 13 PRO. Don't get me wrong, these are respectable results for what you get, but at what temperature does Arctic Cooling consider this cooler 300 Watts capable? - With their test results I'm seeing a processor under 200 Watts and in a very cool room. Without replacing the fan I wouldn't want to use this cooler on something that hot.
Where this fan makes up for its mediocre temperatures, is the fact that at low RPM the fan is almost inaudible, as shown by the lowest result of any cooler tested to date.
With the fans at full speed the results are very good as well. The ISGC-300 is the only cooler I have tested with less noise, and up to now I sort of thought it was a fluke. It's good to see this low of a noise level, but as you saw, it did affect the performance of the cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard