The Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO CPU Cooler - Continued
Once the base was cleaned well, I found very fine marks in the base. This cooler has been taken beyond the milling process of most coolers. The surface had to have been surfaced again after that process. What does that mean for you? Better contact due to a very flat base, and the need to use much less compound, as there aren't large voids to fill.
As I mentioned, when you want to remove the 120mm fan, make sure you unclip it from the wiring. Then just lift on one edge of the shroud and the fan should release and come right off. Removing the fan exposes a blunt edge to all the fins. The offset to allow for better fan performance is set by the depth of the fan shroud.
With the cooler standing up it's tougher to show the shape of the fins of the Freezer 13 Pro. With the fan removed and the cooler laying down its shape and design imprinted in the fins is much clearer.
In case things weren't so clear before, the Cross Blow fan is mounted to the steel hardware mounting. It is removable, but once the hardware and 120mm fan are out of the way, you should need to remove this fan for cleaning. One thing to note about this fan, there is no real directionality, so the fan is going to blow in the path of least resistance.
Backing the camera out a bit more as to get a clearer image of the steel hardware mount shows that it has two holes. The inner hole is for Intel mounting while the outer hole is for AMD mounting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Milan CPU: Zen 3 on newer 7nm+ node teased
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update out, includes Nuketown map
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 8nm Exynos 9820, dedicated NPU, 8K video
- Xbox boss says he's 'very excited' about next-gen Xbox
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms