The Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO CPU Cooler - Continued
Once the base was cleaned well, I found very fine marks in the base. This cooler has been taken beyond the milling process of most coolers. The surface had to have been surfaced again after that process. What does that mean for you? Better contact due to a very flat base, and the need to use much less compound, as there aren't large voids to fill.
As I mentioned, when you want to remove the 120mm fan, make sure you unclip it from the wiring. Then just lift on one edge of the shroud and the fan should release and come right off. Removing the fan exposes a blunt edge to all the fins. The offset to allow for better fan performance is set by the depth of the fan shroud.
With the cooler standing up it's tougher to show the shape of the fins of the Freezer 13 Pro. With the fan removed and the cooler laying down its shape and design imprinted in the fins is much clearer.
In case things weren't so clear before, the Cross Blow fan is mounted to the steel hardware mounting. It is removable, but once the hardware and 120mm fan are out of the way, you should need to remove this fan for cleaning. One thing to note about this fan, there is no real directionality, so the fan is going to blow in the path of least resistance.
Backing the camera out a bit more as to get a clearer image of the steel hardware mount shows that it has two holes. The inner hole is for Intel mounting while the outer hole is for AMD mounting.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz