You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
The Corsair Performance 3 was run on several different host devices. Intel's Sandy Bridge SATA 6G might be the best balance between performance and value, but many enthusiasts still use X58 motherboards, most of which have onboard Marvell SATA 6G controllers. A low cost add-on product like the HighPoint 600 Series will give you SATA 6G through a PCIe 2.0 1x lane card. The last set of tests were ran on the X58 platform, but on Intel's native SATA 3G chipset.
The last section is something I've been working on for some time now, but it is still far from completion (mainly because I really didn't need it until now). This is a set of tests performed when the drive has data already on it. In March I will refine the test and use files that can be downloaded from the web. As long as no one threatens to sue me, we will publish the entire package, or at the very least give you links to download all of the content to make your own fill test files.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
With the Sandy Bridge based GIGABYTE P67A-UD5 we achieved the above ATTO results. The Corsair Performance 3 256GB really lit up the scoreboard with roughly 486MB/s read and 336MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit