You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
The Corsair Performance 3 was run on several different host devices. Intel's Sandy Bridge SATA 6G might be the best balance between performance and value, but many enthusiasts still use X58 motherboards, most of which have onboard Marvell SATA 6G controllers. A low cost add-on product like the HighPoint 600 Series will give you SATA 6G through a PCIe 2.0 1x lane card. The last set of tests were ran on the X58 platform, but on Intel's native SATA 3G chipset.
The last section is something I've been working on for some time now, but it is still far from completion (mainly because I really didn't need it until now). This is a set of tests performed when the drive has data already on it. In March I will refine the test and use files that can be downloaded from the web. As long as no one threatens to sue me, we will publish the entire package, or at the very least give you links to download all of the content to make your own fill test files.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
With the Sandy Bridge based GIGABYTE P67A-UD5 we achieved the above ATTO results. The Corsair Performance 3 256GB really lit up the scoreboard with roughly 486MB/s read and 336MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer wants to use your PC to mine cryptocurrency
- Xbox One sells estimated 40 million consoles
- Switch Online may get SNES games and beyond
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2 shouldn't be on Switch
- Intel stacks CPU, DRAM, and IO into one package with FOVEROS
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019