This is another USB powered headset, so things are going to be pretty straight forward. It does have a software component, but more on that in a second. The first job is to locate an empty USB port and securely connect the headset. And then a quick reboot of Windows would not hurt, as always.
Okay, once done, and your existing sound system is turned off and disconnected,.it's time to run the small driver disc through and do another reboot.
Below is what you should get once everything is up and running.
As you can see, it's a fairly basic one with a set of controls for the environment, as well as a sixteen band equalizer for fine adjustments. Over to the right can be seen the control panel for the above mentioned 'DTS Sensation' processing set.
This is not a complicated interface to work and should not really cause any immediate difficulties when setting up for the first time. We did, however, encounter some 'stickiness' with the DTS control panel buttons. We would think that given this is the very first driver release, subsequent updates will have a positive affect in smoothing things over.
One last thing here and that is swapping the ear pads over to the fabric option also included in the package. This is an important job, because the other provided option does some serious damage to the low end and must be avoided straight out of the box for the best results. We do not know why the 'leatherette' pads come at all really, as we would not recommend them for anything.
Below can be seen the second pair of 'good' fabric pads - and the offending 'leatherette' pads pre-installed, interestingly enough.
Finally is the control unit which is quite sturdy and nice to hold with a simple button layout that gives basic controls for the system. It also has a small Thermaltake logo that lights up. Interestingly, there is an option to turn the light off on the headset which is a nice touch, although it could be argued; a little eccentric.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battle Royale craze extends to... OFFICE CHAIRS
- Intel will wave goodbye to legacy BIOS support in 2020
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ