Speaking technically, let's start by looking at some specifications.
Driver unit: 40mm
Frequency Response: 20Hz~20 KHz
Impedance: 32 ohm
Max. input: 100mW
Cable length: 3m
Directivity: Bidirectional with noise cancellation
Impedance: 2.2 k ohm
Below are some comments from DTS regarding their all new proprietary technologies akin to the Dolby headphone technology covered during our Corsair HS1 review. These are provided as part of the software bundle for the Shock one Headset.
"DTS Surround Sensation | UltraPC is the perfect audio solution for people who listen to music or watch movies on their computers. Whether your audio source is stereo or surround sound, you can enjoy a virtual surround effect.
DTS Surround Sensation | UltraPC is comprised of three DTS technologies : DTS Neo: PC takes 2-channel (stereo) audio and transforms it into a full-bandwidth 5.1-channel matrix.
DTS Surround Sensation | Headphone simulates surround sound through headphones.
Audio that is 2-channel (stereo) is processed through DTS Neo: PC to create the 5.1 channels, then processed by Surround Sensation to provide the surround effect from your two speakers (or headset). Audio that is already encoded in 5.1-channels bypass DTS Neo: PC processing. This results in a three-dimensional wall of sound that exceeds the limitations of just two speakers, making one believe that sounds are occurring outside the boundaries of the two channels."
Voice Clarification Technology: Enhances the signal clarity to improve the audio quality of dialog derived from Blu-ray Disc or standard DVD.
Bass Enhancement Technology: Restores the perception of fundamental low-frequency tones by dynamically augmenting harmonics, yielding improved bass performance without the additional hardware costs of adding a subwoofer.
Soundstage Expansion Technology: Broadens the soundstage and creates a phantom center channel for improved clarity and audio crispness.
In the world of home theatre, DTS has always provided a more dynamic and rich movie experience than competitors - even though in Australia in the past, DTS discs have always shared similarities with hens teeth, should you try and find one.
Not withstanding all of that, though, we are genuinely excited about this direction DTS has allowed itself to travel in. And let's face it, Dolby pro-logic IIx is not going to serve all the people all the time who want an up-mixed stereo sound field.
The drivers used are large 40mm units which is a safe bet, we feel. And as for the Mic, it's a small folding Bi-directional type which takes up a very small amount of space.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard