Asus has always seemed to have well designed boxes as you can see above. They have listed a couple of the main features on the top of the box. Things such as AGP 8X support, DDR 333 memory support and serial ATA support (which is optional).
The back of the box outlines the features of the board in more detail. You have the motherboard in the middle with explanations all around on things like software, AGP 8x, serial ATA etc. On the right, they list a few key features as well as why this Asus board is "reliable".
Above is what you see when you first crack open the box. Everything besides the motherboard is put into the first layer of the box. We will go into detail about each product included in this package later on in the review.
The second layer of the box is isolated just for the motherboard. This might be to ensure that the motherboard is not damaged in any way. As you can see, it is wrapped in a non-static bag.
Above you have everything laid out other then the motherboard itself. Starting from the left, you can see some cables, the manuals, add-on cards, etc. Asus has included a lot of great features with this motherboard. Below you will find pictures and explanations of everything included with this motherboard in detail.
Asus claims to be the Number 1 motherboard manufacturer to put out a motherboard with Serial ATA support. Above you can see the picture of the Serial ATA cable included with this motherboard. Compared to a normal IDE cable, you can see that it's way smaller and should allow you to have a cleaner case. Of course there is one problem, where are the Serial ATA HDD's?
Along with the Serial ATA cables, Asus has also included two IDE cables and a FDD cable. There is also an I/O bracket included. Wouldn't it be nice for all motherboard manufacturers to include rounded cables?
Asus has also included an add-on bracket with an extra two USB ports as well as a game port. Because there was not enough room to include the game port on the back panel, they decided to stick it on an add-on bracket.
Since this board's ATX panel has been modified, Asus needed to include a modified ATX bracket for you to install in your case. Unfortunately, for all of you with the cheap cases, the bracket on your case is embedded and will be a real pain to remove. This was the case with the M25 we have from Exotic PC.
Asus includes two manuals with this board. One is a user manual with all the features/jumpers of your board written up in detail and the other, Quick Setup Guide, is to assist you in installing the P4S8X quickly. Asus has done a good job on both manuals, describing everything you need to know about your purchase.
As we stated before, this board is jam packed with features. Above you see the add-on 1394 card Asus includes with this package. It is very useful for all of you Digital Video camera users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower