Asus has always seemed to have well designed boxes as you can see above. They have listed a couple of the main features on the top of the box. Things such as AGP 8X support, DDR 333 memory support and serial ATA support (which is optional).
The back of the box outlines the features of the board in more detail. You have the motherboard in the middle with explanations all around on things like software, AGP 8x, serial ATA etc. On the right, they list a few key features as well as why this Asus board is "reliable".
Above is what you see when you first crack open the box. Everything besides the motherboard is put into the first layer of the box. We will go into detail about each product included in this package later on in the review.
The second layer of the box is isolated just for the motherboard. This might be to ensure that the motherboard is not damaged in any way. As you can see, it is wrapped in a non-static bag.
Above you have everything laid out other then the motherboard itself. Starting from the left, you can see some cables, the manuals, add-on cards, etc. Asus has included a lot of great features with this motherboard. Below you will find pictures and explanations of everything included with this motherboard in detail.
Asus claims to be the Number 1 motherboard manufacturer to put out a motherboard with Serial ATA support. Above you can see the picture of the Serial ATA cable included with this motherboard. Compared to a normal IDE cable, you can see that it's way smaller and should allow you to have a cleaner case. Of course there is one problem, where are the Serial ATA HDD's?
Along with the Serial ATA cables, Asus has also included two IDE cables and a FDD cable. There is also an I/O bracket included. Wouldn't it be nice for all motherboard manufacturers to include rounded cables?
Asus has also included an add-on bracket with an extra two USB ports as well as a game port. Because there was not enough room to include the game port on the back panel, they decided to stick it on an add-on bracket.
Since this board's ATX panel has been modified, Asus needed to include a modified ATX bracket for you to install in your case. Unfortunately, for all of you with the cheap cases, the bracket on your case is embedded and will be a real pain to remove. This was the case with the M25 we have from Exotic PC.
Asus includes two manuals with this board. One is a user manual with all the features/jumpers of your board written up in detail and the other, Quick Setup Guide, is to assist you in installing the P4S8X quickly. Asus has done a good job on both manuals, describing everything you need to know about your purchase.
As we stated before, this board is jam packed with features. Above you see the add-on 1394 card Asus includes with this package. It is very useful for all of you Digital Video camera users.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit