The latest HAWK offering utilizes the Twin FrozrIII cooler which is the latest version of the Twin Frozr cooler. It's a dual fan setup and packs a bunch of heat pipes which can be seen towards the bottom of the card. It's only a dual slot cooler, so running two of these bad boys shouldn't cause any problems on most motherboards.
Across the top of the card we've got three highlights; the back offers two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors, while towards the middle of the card we've got three little connectors where you can plug in those cables we mentioned on the previous page. As we said, they allow for you to grab the voltage of the AUX, Memory and GPU when combined with a volt meter.
Closer to the front we've got a single Crossfire connector which means we're able to only run up too two of these cards together.
Connectivity on the HAWK consists of two DVI connectors; one Dual-Link, one Single-Link, a single HDMI port and two mini-DP ports.
A reference HD 6870 will carry an out of the box core clock of 900MHz and the 1GB of GDDR5 will come in at 4400MHz QDR. While MSI have chosen to leave the memory clock alone, they've bumped the core up slightly to 930MHz. These cards are designed to be overclocked, though.
Firing up MSI Afterburner and bumping the GPU, Memory and AUX voltages all up, we managed to achieve a really nice overclock which can be seen below.
What we ended up with was a core of 1057MHz which is a big jump from that default 900MHz clock, while memory came in at a whopping 5020MHz QDR which is a very nice increase from that 4400MHz QDR memory clock that you get at default.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit