Speaking technically, let's start by looking at some specifications.
* Frequency response: 35Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB
* 232 Watts total power (measured via FTC "RMS" method)
* Subwoofer dimensions: 18.1 x 10.2 x 11.7 inches (46 x 25.8 x 29.7 cm)
* Satellite dimensions: 4.25 x 4.7 x 6.25 inches (10.8 x 12 x 15.9 cm)
* 8" 120W (IEC60268-5 24hr continuous rating) subwoofer with durable rubber surround
* Fourth-order closed band pass enclosure design
* Bridged dual 60 Watt class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP for 120 Watts of power (measured via FTC "RMS" method)
* Ultra-efficient integral power supply with 100V - 240V AC input
* Bi-amplified, two-way design with detachable audio cables
* 3" 40W (IEC60628-5 24hr continuous rating) midrange drivers
* 1" 40W (IEC60268-5 24hr continues rating) Ferro fluid-cooled silk diaphragm tweeters
* 56 Watts per satellite (measured via FTC "RMS" method):
o 40 Watt midrange class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP
o 16 Watt tweeter class-D amplifiers with integrated DSP
I/O, Controls and Programming:
* PC input on subwoofer
* Dual 3.5mm auxiliary inputs (one on subwoofer, one on desktop controller)
* 3.5mm headphone output with digital signal processing
* Wired desktop controller with high-resolution color 1.8" (4.6cm) TFT display and multi-lingual interface (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese)
* Mod X theatrical audio processing for Blu-Ray and DVD audio that recreates the theater experience
* Dynamic DSP programs and EQ curves for late night listening, environment simulation, and optimal enjoyment of game and movie genres
The above is there in full detail for those who want nothing less than. However, let's pick up some key points here that set the SP2500 apart from other 2.1 systems.
The subwoofer firstly, and it's a 4th order band pass enclosure, which for those who don't know, means that it relies on the use of a separate chamber to house the woofer, as well as a secondary chamber that the frequencies then get passed onto, and then finally out of a tuned port.
Now, when done well, this type of enclosure allows for a certain amount of 'tuning away' with unwanted frequencies, namely those above 90Hz as a ball park figure.
On the amplifier side of things, the SP2500's have a total of six built into the subwoofer. Six, you ask? - The reason for this is because the speakers are bi-amplified, meaning each tweeter and mid range cone gets a dedicated amp.
Power is on the plentiful side with over 200 watts of properly measured 'true' power being sent around the system. We say 'true' to negate getting overly techie. We just mean good clean sustained power measured by industry standards.
Onto the speakers themselves now, and they both feature Ferro-fluid cooled silk tweeters and specially sourced high tolerance mid range drivers that can handle full power for ultra sustained sessions. These are coupled with angled enclosures and A-symmetric tweeter zoning for improved stereo imaging. And what you get is not like any other desktop speaker that we have seen.
Lastly is the control unit. Now, what is key here that differs from other systems is what's known as an Active Crossover. A Crossover acts to direct specific frequencies to specific speaker components. For example; tweeter, mid range driver and subwoofer. There are two types of crossovers used in speaker technology. The first is called a 'passive crossover' which relies on physical audio components within the speaker 'box' itself to manually direct the frequencies, as seen in just about all desktop speaker systems and most 'Hi-Fi' speakers.
The second is called an 'Active Crossover', which basically means it can take user input and be altered at key times to allow for differing equalization curves to be programmed into the speakers. This is usually seen on 'Active' Studio Monitors, which demand the finest of fine alterations to compensate for various types of 'sonic pollution' generated (back) within the monitoring environment.
Corsair has incorporated this Active Crossover very well in the form of pre-set EQ curves and environments. It's not important to go through them at infinitum now.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:29 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de