AS SSD Benchmark
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.2.3577.40358
Developer Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
Product Homepage: Alex Intelligent Software
Download here: http://www.alex-is.de/PHP/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=4&download_id=9
AS determines the performance of Solid State Drives (SSD). The tool contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The synthetic tests are to determine the sequential and random read and write performance of the SSD. These tests are carried out without the use of the operating system caches.
In all synthetic tests the test file size is 1GB. AS can also determine the access time of the SSD, the access of which the drive is determined to read through the entire capacity of the SSD (Full Stroke). The write access test is only to be met with a 1 GB big test file. At the end of the tests three values for the read and write as well as the overall performance will be issued. In addition to the calculated values which are shown in MB/s, they are also represented in IO per seconds (IOPS).
Note: AS SSD is a great benchmark for many tests, but since Crystal Disk Mark covers a broader range of 4K tests and HD Tune Pro covering sequential speeds, we will only use the Copy Benchmark from AS SSD.
- Copy Benchmark
The LSI MegaRAID 9280-24i4e would make a great addition to a large storage server. In RAID 0 we managed to approach 1500MB/s. Holding that much data without redundancy isn't very wise, though. Most users will opt for a more conservative RAID 5 or RAID 6 array. In RAID 5 we managed to transfer program files at over 600MB/s. Things got even better when mixing large and small file sizes in the game test - This test delivered transfer rates of over 850MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [The LSI MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865: LPDDR5X + 5G on-chip coming soon
- Cyberpunk 2077 ran on 8700K, 32GB RAM, TITAN RTX at E3 2019
- Control with RTX turned on at 1080p hit 60FPS during E3 demo
- Amazon's game engine woes lead to cancellations, layoffs
- New Avengers game monetized with cosmetics
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- TweakTown's Best of E3 2019 Awards
- Q1900DC-ITX No Video Output
- PC won't post after power outage
- Fort Boyard - The game will be available soon
- The Retro Scifi Game on Steam, 'I am Not a Monster' has a Single Player Campaign in Development called 'First Contact' set to Launch 2H 2019
- Buoyant Bounces Onto Mobile Devices Today
- Now Available on PC/Mac: Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank
- Japanese character introductions of Ryuko and Satsuki for KILL la KILL - IF released