The LSI MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e
Here we get our first look at the LSI MegaRAID 9280-24i4e. On the top is a large heat sink that keeps the controller and accompanying chips cool. There are six SFF-8087 ports that each carry four channels and on the back is an SFF-8088 external port that carries an additional four channels.
The back side of the controller is fairly uneventful other than a few surface mount components.
Here we see the external I/O panel that has the SFF-8088 port for connecting the 9280-24i4e to an external storage array.
On the side of the controller we see the four SFF-8087 internal ports.
The back side of the controller carries the additional two SFF-8087 ports.
The controller connects to your server through a PCIe 2.0 x8 lane port. You can also install the controller in a full length x16 port.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [The LSI MegaRAID SAS 9280-24i4e]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]