Talking about the Palit GTX 560 Ti Sonic on its own, we're dealing with another good version of the series. Palit like everyone has come out hard and fast and it's great to see that they've opted for the 900MHz core. It's just nice to get away from the 800MHz mark.
The cooler seems to do a good job and considering we tested in SLI the numbers the cooler gives us are still very impressive; more impressive than what we're seeing out of the HD 6900 series which are indeed a warmer card than people had hoped. They're not as bad as the GTX 400 series, but not quite the AMD we've grown used to in the last few generations.
On the topic of performance, by itself we can expect the same kind of performance as the Gainward card which carries with it the same clocks, and in a nutshell that's good performance. On the topic of SLI, the performance is strong, very strong in some cases. The most important piece of information to take out of the performance, though, is the fact we've got playable numbers across the board. When it all comes down to it, that's the most important thing when it comes to deciding what you should buy.
So do you go down the path of SLI GTX 560 Ti cards or the AMD offerings? Well, for performance the HD 6970 is the better option. It's not a lot better, but across the board it's faster and that can't be denied. The problem is that's a more expensive setup, and it's like people comparing the GTX 580 to the HD 6970.
So it comes down to the HD 6950 2GB in CF and these cards. Again, you'd have to lean towards these because the price is cheaper and performance between both setups is very similar.
You really feel the tables have turned. In the past you would have this stronger performance from NVIDIA setups, but AMD would hold the value card. NVIDIA now hold the value card it seems, and performance between the setups? Well, the GTX 560 Ti is priced at the HD 6870 level, but competing at HD 6950 levels, what's not to love?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Devil May Cry 5 trailer - V's demons & Dante's murderer?
- RDR2 is 1st in UK sales chart, Smash Ultimate drops to 4th
- Kingdom Hearts III - 'Final Battle' official trailer release
- Smash Bros. Ultimate bug: Isabelle's Infinite Assist trophy
- Villager & Isabelle bug crashes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Convert EML file to PST file
- What is Vidatone Keto?
- GROOVE X Introduce a New Companion Robot, 'LOVOT'
- New PhishER Product from KnowBe4 Helps Contain Email Threats
- Scientific Games Announces Settlement in Shuffle Tech Litigation
- Joy to the Streamers! 1,000 Dreams Fund Announces 'Stream The Halls' 24-Hour Holiday Charity Fundraiser on Twitch
- Gaming Innovation Group Inc.: Key Dates Announcement for Reverse Share Split