Looking at the card, you're not going to see anything that you haven't really seen before. Since the card falls in as part of the SOC series, it uses custom cooling and in this case it's the Windforce cooler which I can honestly say has impressed us. It's a great cooler that's performed very well on every model we've seen GIGABYTE use it on. Hopefully it'll impress us on the new mid-range offering; the GTX 560 Ti.
Looking around the card, you'll find two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors at the back. Moving closer to the front, we have a single SLI connector. That means only a maximum of two GTX 560 Ti SOCs can be used together.
Connectivity is the same as other GTX 500 series cards we've looked at; this means we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a mini HDMI port. The top half of the bracket has vents which of course let the hot air escape.
Being part of the SOC series, or Super Overclock series, the GIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti is of course overclocked quite heavily out of the box. Before we get into those clocks, let's just quickly cover some of the main specifications that surround a reference GTX 560 Ti.
The clocks on a reference GTX 560 Ti are 822MHz on the core; this brings the Shader clock in at 1644MHz. The card carries with it 1GB of GDDR5 memory that will come with a clock of 4000MHz QDR.
GIGABYTE has bumped the core up to a nice round sounding and massive 1000MHz. This means that the Shader clock comes in at 2000MHz. As for the 1GB of GDDR5, they've bumped that up to 4580MHz QDR. These are some serious clock speeds and we should see some fantastic performance from the model when we start to test it.
Being part of the SOC series means that the PCB itself has a few extra features including voltage check points for all the important areas. You've also got access to the OC Guru software that lets you adjust the voltage of the core and memory, while also showing you a whole lot of other little extras.
Before we get into the performance, let's just cover some of the main specifications that will cover all GTX 560 Ti cards. The card carries with it 384 Stream Processors; this compares to the GTX 460 1GB which had 336 and the GTX 570 1280MB which has 480. Like the GTX 460, the GTX 560 Ti carries the same 256-bit memory bus which is lower than the GTX 570s 320-bit bus.
The GTX 560 Ti will seem to only have a 1GB model. We know that the cheaper 768MB version that NVIDIA offered the GTX 460 in didn't do very well, although it carried with it very good performance still and at a cheaper price tag.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit