A reference design HD 6970 2GB from HIS means that you're not going to see anything new when it comes to the overall layout. Towards the back of our card we've got two PCI-E power connectors; one a 6-Pin and the other an 8-Pin.
Closer to the front we've got our little BIOS switch and two Crossfire connectors and on the connectivity front we've got a Single-Link DVI, Dual-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4 and two mini DP ports.
Specifications and Overclocking
As we've mentioned a few times already, the HIS HD 6970 2GB we've got on our hands is just a reference one which means unlike the Turbo version we looked at recently, it doesn't carry an overclock. That means the clocks come in at 880MHz on the core and 5500MHz QDR on the 2GB of memory.
Of course, we'll be turning this card into our own version of the Turbo series by cranking up the voltage to 1.3v and overclocking the core and memory ourselves.
With a bit of time we ended up getting our core to 980MHz and the memory up to 6000MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card, Specifications and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz