A reference design HD 6970 2GB from HIS means that you're not going to see anything new when it comes to the overall layout. Towards the back of our card we've got two PCI-E power connectors; one a 6-Pin and the other an 8-Pin.
Closer to the front we've got our little BIOS switch and two Crossfire connectors and on the connectivity front we've got a Single-Link DVI, Dual-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4 and two mini DP ports.
Specifications and Overclocking
As we've mentioned a few times already, the HIS HD 6970 2GB we've got on our hands is just a reference one which means unlike the Turbo version we looked at recently, it doesn't carry an overclock. That means the clocks come in at 880MHz on the core and 5500MHz QDR on the 2GB of memory.
Of course, we'll be turning this card into our own version of the Turbo series by cranking up the voltage to 1.3v and overclocking the core and memory ourselves.
With a bit of time we ended up getting our core to 980MHz and the memory up to 6000MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card, Specifications and Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series