As far as testing goes, there really isn't much to report here. Installation of the unit was fairly simple and no different to any other enclosure we've tested. However, we did notice that it was slightly cramped inside the case due to the fact that it is a mini-tower, but that was to be expected.
The added case fans did their job well and lowered the system temperature by a couple of degrees. However, don't expect any drastic temperature reductions.
Overall, we were quite pleased with the Antec Plus 660AMG case. Although it doesn't offer anything too revolutionary, its solid, quality build, sleek look and small size make it ideal for those who frequently attend LAN parties or just don't have too much space in their home/office. Furthermore, the extra tidbits such as stock case fans, a lockable side panel, removeable HDD cage and TruePower 330-watt power supply are nice bonuses and the handy front ports allow for simple installation of USB and Firewire devices.
The bottom line is, if you are looking to upgrade your case and size doesn't matter (no pun intended), we have no problem recommending the Antec Plus 660AMG. Furthermore, at a price of around AU$220, you can't really go wrong. If only it was made out of aluminium.....
Plenty of drive bays
Lockable side panel
Stock case fans
Bundled TruePower 330-watt PSU
Front USB & Firewire ports
Slightly heavy as it is constructed of steel
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec 660AMG - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec 660AMG - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Antec 660AMG - Page 3 [The Outside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series