The Build and Finished Product
Getting ready for the assembly, I removed the front bezel to gain access to the optical bays and remove any covers needed to make the build work. Here I noticed two things. One, the wiring for everything front he front I/O is connected to the bezel, be careful when you remove it. Secondly, there is a stealth cover for the top optical bay. So for my one drive setup, i will place it behind the door to hide my DVD drive.
With all the components installed the interior space gets a bi cramped and clean wiring takes a bit of imagination. The hard drives install a bit far into the chassis and this may case issues with multiple card configurations. Aside from that small detail, the install went smooth as silk, and there were no issues that presented themselves.
Since even the rear panel on the ARES is black, even when you don't have an I/O plate, things like that are virtually unnoticeable. Both the graphics card and the power supply are well supported and once screwed into place; neither of them is going anywhere!
As I mentioned there is little room behind the tray for anything more than possibly thin lighting cables. Even if you were to make your own holes in the tray, running even the 8-pin wire back here will likely bow the panel that needs to be placed back over this.
Once the windowed panel is back on the chassis, without power, the view of the hardware is somewhat impeded by the fan. The window offers more of a view of the drive bays than it does of the motherboard, but once the fan spools up, the view of the board, graphics, and CPU become much easier to see.
With power applied the ARES turns the room blue with the flood of light from the 3 LED fans. There is a fair bit of noise associated with this chassis, and since the fans are powered with a Molex connection, there is no option to lower the amount of noise these fans produce.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- The Black Masses trailer showcases 6,000 zombies on screen
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam