Inside the Lian Li PC-V1020B Mid Tower Chassis
Inside of the chassis screams Lian Li. Simple concepts and fine materials make for an attractive layout. Now let's have a closer look, shall we.
The two 5.25" drives can be secured with these two tool-less latches, or if that isn't secure enough for you, this can be backed up with screws. The third optical drive has an adapter in it to install a floppy drive. Removing the thumbscrews will allow you to convert this bay to any needs up to 5.25" devices.
The seven 3.5" racks are held in place with four thumbscrews and can easily be removed. Just in front of this rack is where you will find the plate that holds the pair of 140mm blue LED fans.
Now when I say removable, I mean they can all be pulled out on one unit. Now, this rack can be left out if not needed to utilize the space for water cooling, possibly hanging a dual 140mm radiator right here in the front. The fact that these fans and dust filters are on a plate that is easily removable lends to an easy installation for water as well.
At the top of the chassis, Lian Li has hidden the 140mm fan between this plate with the fan grill in it, and the outer shell of the chassis. Again, this is easily slid to the right, and the fan, plate, and guard will all drop out for cleaning later on.
With the motherboard tray still in the chassis you can see that it leaves a gap to the drive bays to pass any wiring just about anywhere you need to. If you want a truly clean looking installation, Lian Li offers wire management holes, as well as a wiring clip to go in the ten spall holes on the right side. The floor of the chassis offers room for an SSD to be secured to the floor next to a hole with a plastic ring protecting any wiring you want to pass through here.
Under the sub-floor is where the power supply is to be installed. Not only does Lain Li offer a plastic wire management clip in front of the PSU, but they utilize a position able power supply support to keep your PSU on the level.
Wiring on the Lian Li PC-V1020 is quite complete. There are the power switch, reset switch, power LED and HDD activity leads in the background, to the left. In the front you have the HD audio, e-SATA, and four separate USB 3.0 connections marked CN1 through CN4.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit