The Intel I845GE and EP chipsets are not really any thing new or super improved, just things that Intel should have done right the first time around. When the I845G and I845E were in planning, Intel had plenty of time, like SiS and VIA did, to prepare its DDR-333 validation lists and implement them onto their chipset, like Intel should have done.
The exclusion of the APG 8x interface is also a shame, but as tests have shown, AGP 8x isn't any faster than AGP 4x in 99% of applications and games that are being played today.
On the whole, the I845GE and EP are chipsets to look out for. With the potential to beat the competition down in DDR-333 respects, it's nice to see another chipset come out to officially be supported by Intel and support DDR-333. We now have two licensed DDR-333 chipsets to choose from - Intel I845GE and EP and the SiS 648. Let's see it goes.
533MHz FSB support
Lacks AGP 8x
Lacks Serial ATA
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel I845GE - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel I845GE - Page 2 [The Chipsets]
- Intel I845GE - Page 3 [Test Board]
- Intel I845GE - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel I845GE - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel I845GE - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic Benchmarks]
- Intel I845GE - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel I845GE - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel I845GE - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam