The Intel I845GE and EP chipsets are not really any thing new or super improved, just things that Intel should have done right the first time around. When the I845G and I845E were in planning, Intel had plenty of time, like SiS and VIA did, to prepare its DDR-333 validation lists and implement them onto their chipset, like Intel should have done.
The exclusion of the APG 8x interface is also a shame, but as tests have shown, AGP 8x isn't any faster than AGP 4x in 99% of applications and games that are being played today.
On the whole, the I845GE and EP are chipsets to look out for. With the potential to beat the competition down in DDR-333 respects, it's nice to see another chipset come out to officially be supported by Intel and support DDR-333. We now have two licensed DDR-333 chipsets to choose from - Intel I845GE and EP and the SiS 648. Let's see it goes.
533MHz FSB support
Lacks AGP 8x
Lacks Serial ATA
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel I845GE - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel I845GE - Page 2 [The Chipsets]
- Intel I845GE - Page 3 [Test Board]
- Intel I845GE - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel I845GE - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel I845GE - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic Benchmarks]
- Intel I845GE - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel I845GE - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel I845GE - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard