The Intel I845GE and EP chipsets are not really any thing new or super improved, just things that Intel should have done right the first time around. When the I845G and I845E were in planning, Intel had plenty of time, like SiS and VIA did, to prepare its DDR-333 validation lists and implement them onto their chipset, like Intel should have done.
The exclusion of the APG 8x interface is also a shame, but as tests have shown, AGP 8x isn't any faster than AGP 4x in 99% of applications and games that are being played today.
On the whole, the I845GE and EP are chipsets to look out for. With the potential to beat the competition down in DDR-333 respects, it's nice to see another chipset come out to officially be supported by Intel and support DDR-333. We now have two licensed DDR-333 chipsets to choose from - Intel I845GE and EP and the SiS 648. Let's see it goes.
533MHz FSB support
Lacks AGP 8x
Lacks Serial ATA
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel I845GE - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel I845GE - Page 2 [The Chipsets]
- Intel I845GE - Page 3 [Test Board]
- Intel I845GE - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- Intel I845GE - Page 5 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- Intel I845GE - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic Benchmarks]
- Intel I845GE - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel I845GE - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel I845GE - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit