Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The IW-PP689 comes with an all black exterior. No flash or anything that doesn't lead to form or function. The front of the chassis is made of ABS plastic, the bottom of which has a lock-able door that exposes access to the hard drives as well as the front I/O. The top third of the face is used to give room for three 5.25" drives and one 3.5" drive, with removable plastic bay covers. When I say this chassis is large, the measurements are no lie. This chassis may only stand 17" tall, but the length of the chassis is just less than 27". This chassis makes the Raven and 800D look small. Internally there is room for eight 3.5" drives, and this sample came with one hot-swap storage module cage; adding more is optional. On both sides of these bays in the front bezel is where the power switch, reset switch, and the pair of USB 2.0 connections are found. Since the system holds ATX as well as CEB and EEB motherboards, the chassis also allows for both a PS/2 or a N+1 Redundant ERP power supplies.
To keep things cooled inside the chassis, the IW-PP689 starts with the open lower half of the front bezel allowing fresh air to be drawn into the chassis via a grouping of Sanyo Denki fans. There is a trio of Sans Ace 92 fans with a part number of 9G0912P1G09. These are either super new or old stock. Any way I looked for these fans, I couldn't find any definite specifications as this fan seems non-existent online. Judging by the noise levels and the feel on my hand, I am going to guess these are well over 100 CFM per fan with the vacuum-like noise that comes from them. There is another 80mm fan that comes strapped to the back of the hot-swap bays. Again, the info available for this 9AH0812P4G06 fan is limited.
Cruising through Google Shopping, I found the IW-PP689 is drawing pricing anywhere from around $140 at Provantage before tax and shipping. On the other end of the spectrum, you can find this server chassis listed over $280 at a place called Tierratek. Not like I really need to say it, but look around for the best deal here, as it seems you can save half the price depending on where you finalize the sale. There are a lot of things that the basic description and pricing can't explain, so let's get to the images so I can explain the layout and what sort of room for functionality the IW-PP689 has to offer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit