I did not have any issues with this pair of CPUs. Both worked very well on the GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H. The problem actually came with the Cat 10.12 drivers. For some reason this driver set would not allow 3DMark 11 to run with either of these CPUs installed. It was driving me absolutely crazy and almost caused this review not to be ready in time to meet today's launch.
Originally I was certain that the cause was the CPU, as the test would fail at the first Physics test which is when the CPU first comes into play. In the end, though, it turned out to be the 8.80 driver that is in the Cat 10.12 package.
Thankfully there is an 8.79.1 driver that is also hiding in there. I was able to install that and miraculously things started working again. Unfortunately, as we mentioned, this issue ate up the majority of our testing time so we can only give you half of the story on the 840 today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit