Benchmarks - HD Playback
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player* 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
Until, well, today, the Thecus N8800 Pro, a 1.600 Dollar enterprise class, rackmount NAS, was the fastest we'd tested since Intel last changed NASPT. That record changes today, because the QNAP TS-659 Pro+ Turbo NAS just kicked the N8800's butt and did it with two less drives and a slower processor. At Computex QNAP told us that they were spending a great deal of time working on their firmware / software and the TS-659 Pro+ is a testament to their hard work.
We knew right out of the gate that the QNAP TS-659 Pro+ was going to be very fast since it was able to transfer data at nearly 100MB/s with a single drive. This is virtually unthinkable and means that the NAS has very little over head when reproducing data and delivering that data back to the host computer. To verify that this wasn't just s fluke issue with the drives, we went back and tested the Thecus unit with the very same Seagate drive and the Thecus unit delivered within 1% of the same performance as the results shown in the chart for JBOD.
Things only got better once we started diving into RAID 5 and RAID 6. In all of the RAID configurations the QNAP TS-659 Pro+ outperformed the Thecus N8800 Pro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-659 Pro+ Turbo NAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series