This is just a fantastic version of the HD 6850 from every angle. First you've got the performance. Out of the box we really see a strong boost compared to the reference clocked card. Second, we've got the "Power Edition" tag which helps give us the ability to adjust more voltages, which in turn should give us the ability to reach a higher overclock.
Third, we've got that Cyclone cooler which is nothing short of fantastic. Not only is it quiet, but it also runs the card extremely cool coming in a good couple of degrees cooler than our next HD 6850. If all that wasn't enough, MSI have managed to wrap it all up in an aggressive price tag make it the best valued card in our latest incarnation of the TVR graph.
What you feel you're getting from the "Power Edition" is all those normal goodies associated with the HAWK version, but without those more "Hardcore" features that normal users will simply find they're not going to use anyway.
Throw in the fact that MSI have chosen to do it with a well valued card like the HD 6850 and you quickly find yourself looking at a winner of a product. Like we said, though, if the performance wasn't enough to make you buy the card and the price couldn't just seal the deal, the efficiency behind that Cyclone cooler which is quiet and effective makes for a well-rounded product, and that's ultimately what the Cyclone Power Edition HD 6850 from MSI is; a well rounded product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Half-Life, one of the best PC games ever, turns 20 today
- Warren Spector wants to make another Deus Ex game
- Fallout 76 players crash servers with nuclear chaos
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card