Benchmarks - HD Playback
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player* 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
The star (*) shows the original configurations for the BlackArmor 420.
Mainly we are going to focus on the performance of the Seagate BlackArmor and compare it to the Thecus N4200, a 4-bay advanced NAS server. Both systems were connected to a single gigabit Ethernet port and tested with the same computer and software configuration.
Here we see that in RAID 5 the Seagate 420 is around 20MB/s slower at playing back HD video content. In RAID 0 with four drives we see the BlackArmor still trailing behind the N4200 by 15 to 20MB/s. One interesting thing to note is that when used with just two drives, both the RAID 0 and RAID 1 configurations with the BlackArmor showed that the scores stay nearly identical to the four drive configuration with the C300 SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Seagate BlackArmor 420]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card