Everything that you need to use up the full 875W of power offered by the Toughpower XT 875W is here. As I mentioned before, the only native cables on the PSU are the main and ATX4+4/EPS12V cables. The rest are modular and include two 6+2 pin PCI-E cables, two 6 pin PCI-E cables, six Molex connectors, eight SATA connectors, and a single floppy connector.
As has been the trend with many power supplies lately, the Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W uses a single 12V rail for power delivery. There isn't much to mention here other than that it negates the need for even power distribution amongst the rails.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we can see a trio of heatsinks cooling the power supply. There is a lot going on inside the Toughpower XT 875W, but it is organized well so that air can permeate and cool throughout the entire unit.
Interestingly enough, Thermaltake only uses a single capacitor on the primary side. It is a Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con cap.
Despite the build quality throughout the entire power supply, we see that Thermaltake is still using Taiwanese manufactured Teapo capacitors on the secondary.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New PC game deals: Frostpunk and BattleTech for 22% off
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit