Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the ST50F-P, we can test it to the maximum.
SilverStone's ST50F-P performs exceptionally well, just as the ST1000-P did. There is minimal fluctuation on the 3.3V and 5V rails. Even the 12V rail maintains less than 3% deviation from its intended voltage. Such regulation is almost unheard of in lower wattage power supplies.
While its efficiency is right where it should be for an 80Plus Bronze power supply, it's a shame that they couldn't get the efficiency higher to go along with the quality power delivery.
Warranty Update: We sincerely apologise to both SilverStone and our readers for having originally stated in this review that this power supply only carries a 12 month warranty. While this held true in the U.S. for some time, SilverStone extended the warranty period to a much more comfortable 3 years earlier this year; the same warranty terms SilverStone has always given its European customers. It should also be noted that this information in no way affects the overall score. The power supply performed admirably in our tests and the comfort in knowing it carries a 3 year warranty only brings a broader smile to our face.
SilverStone has another solid power supply with the ST50F-P. The quality of power delivered from such a low wattage unit is impressive to say the very least. SilverStone mixes style, options and power delivery perfectly to satisfy the needs of any entry level gamer or power user. Add in the short cable kit and one simply can't go wrong with the ST50F-P from a performance and usability standpoint.
I highly recommend the unit as it simply performs fantastic. Given this is a 500 watt power supply, I can honestly say after my time with it today that it will perform beyond expectation!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series