Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the ST50F-P, we can test it to the maximum.
SilverStone's ST50F-P performs exceptionally well, just as the ST1000-P did. There is minimal fluctuation on the 3.3V and 5V rails. Even the 12V rail maintains less than 3% deviation from its intended voltage. Such regulation is almost unheard of in lower wattage power supplies.
While its efficiency is right where it should be for an 80Plus Bronze power supply, it's a shame that they couldn't get the efficiency higher to go along with the quality power delivery.
Warranty Update: We sincerely apologise to both SilverStone and our readers for having originally stated in this review that this power supply only carries a 12 month warranty. While this held true in the U.S. for some time, SilverStone extended the warranty period to a much more comfortable 3 years earlier this year; the same warranty terms SilverStone has always given its European customers. It should also be noted that this information in no way affects the overall score. The power supply performed admirably in our tests and the comfort in knowing it carries a 3 year warranty only brings a broader smile to our face.
SilverStone has another solid power supply with the ST50F-P. The quality of power delivered from such a low wattage unit is impressive to say the very least. SilverStone mixes style, options and power delivery perfectly to satisfy the needs of any entry level gamer or power user. Add in the short cable kit and one simply can't go wrong with the ST50F-P from a performance and usability standpoint.
I highly recommend the unit as it simply performs fantastic. Given this is a 500 watt power supply, I can honestly say after my time with it today that it will perform beyond expectation!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung should unveil dual-screen, foldable phone NEXT MONTH
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct