SilverStone comes up with a nice cable arrangement for a 500W power supply. This includes a 6+2 pin PCI-E connector, a 6 pin PCI-E connector, 3 Molex connectors, 6 SATA connectors, a 4+4 ATX connector, and of course the 20+4 Main connector.
The chart above shows the connectors available and cable length of the PP05 cable kit. As you can see, they are significantly shorter than what is included with the ST50F-P. The cables included are also of differing lengths even if they have the same numbers of connectors on them.
If one were to mix and match these cables with those that come with the ST50F-P, it has the extreme possibility to eliminate all cable clutter with cables that are perfect for what you need.
Note that there are four 6+2 pin PCI-E cables in the PP05 Short Cable Kit. The kit is universal for all of SilverStone's 100% modular PSU's and is intended to be used on them as well.
As there is only a single 12V rail with the ST50F-P, there isn't anything to discuss here. The single 12V rail makes it so that load balancing doesn't have to be done.
A Look Inside
Taking a peek inside the ST50F-P, we can see a trio of heatsinks to cool the power supply and a rather simplistic PCB.
Taking a look at the primary capacitor, we see a single CapXon aluminum electrolytic cap. These are manufactured in China while CapXon's headquarters is in Hong Kong.
The secondary side of things shows several Taiwanese Teapo capacitors as well as several OST caps. OST is short for Taiwan Oster Corporation and these capacitors are of course made in Taiwan. Silverstone could step the quality up a bit here by switching to Japanese capacitors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scarlett to have mid-grade and enthusiast consoles
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ: The Best Gaming Monitor Ever Made
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire