Although our time with 3DMark 11 was limited to a couple of days, we still have to say we rather like the new benchmark. It is much cleaner than any of the previous versions and also adds in more than one feature that we have been waiting for (IQ testing).
Futuremark is in an unenviable position. They have the job of building a test that is balanced and fair across the board. In a perfect world everyone would be happy with this. However, we do not live in that world. We live in one where we take sides and polarize everything. This new test will annoy AMD users as much as it will NVIDIA owners.
To me, if you can piss off both houses then you have probably got it right. We think that while no synthetic will ever be a replacement for real usage, Futuremark does an excellent job of combining the multiple parts of gaming into one test that can give you a good solid feel for how your system will perform under the stress of modern gaming.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- SEGA and Capcom Humble Bundle discounts great games
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit