Our GPU selection was a little light at the time of this writing, as was our CPU availability. However, we were able to get you a few current and popular GPUs to show you how the numbers fall.
As you can see below, the performance numbers come in very interesting. We see NVIDIA on top for the most part, but that PhysX advantage is certainly gone in the combined scores. This is something that we know Futuremark has been working on since NV bought Ageia as it put them in a very odd position.
We talked very briefly with them about the new test and they said that they knew they had the right balance with this one when both NVIDIA and AMD were not happy with them. We can see some of that below.
Once again, because of the pre-release nature of our testing we do not have detailed scores. We will be revisiting this test after today and comparing the detailed scores for you along with more platforms and CPUs very shortly.
Now, for the thing that keeps some people up all night; the scoring methodology. Back when 3DMark Vantage came out and I published the scoring calculations, I received many e-mails telling me that the calculations were wrong, or unbalanced, or this or that.
It was as entertaining as it was annoying. First, I did not come up with these, nor did I compare and analyse the way the formulas are built. I am presenting them again for you to get a "feel" for how the system totals up that final score and once we can publish ours to the net, we will see how they stack up.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard