From our benchmarking results, we now know the module can perform at its rated specifications. However, I'm sure many of you are wondering exactly how far the XMS3200 Cl2 module can be clocked above this. Entering the BIOS, we began by setting the CPU/DDR/AGP/PCI divider to 133/200/66/33. This means that the memory was running at 200MHz while the FSB was still running its default speed of 133MHz. We then proceeded to bump up the FSB, until we reached our maximum stable speed of 217MHz at a memory voltage of 2.8v and an FSB of 145MHz. To run at this speed we had to set our CAS timings to 2.5-3-3-3.
This is a very impressive overclock, however, we're quite sure that the module is capable of much more, as it is clear that the SiS648 chipset on our SR7-8X has difficulty running at high FSB speeds.
Overall, we were very impressed with the Corsair XMS3200 memory module. It is fast, stable and most importantly, can withstand high clock speeds, making it ideal for overclockers who like to gain the maximum performance out of their hardware. That said, coming in at an RRP of AU$220, it may be out of reach for some of you. However, premium quality does come at a premium price.
The bottom line is, if you are a hardcore overclocker looking to upgrade your memory module(s), you won't find much better than Corsair's XMS3200. However, if you are not overclocking you would probably be better off with something a little cheaper such as Kingmax or Crucial.
Can run at aggressive CAS timings
Rating - 9/10 Search for the best price on Corsair XMS3200 256MB Memory! PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below. United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website. United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website. Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz