From our benchmarking results, we now know the module can perform at its rated specifications. However, I'm sure many of you are wondering exactly how far the XMS3200 Cl2 module can be clocked above this. Entering the BIOS, we began by setting the CPU/DDR/AGP/PCI divider to 133/200/66/33. This means that the memory was running at 200MHz while the FSB was still running its default speed of 133MHz. We then proceeded to bump up the FSB, until we reached our maximum stable speed of 217MHz at a memory voltage of 2.8v and an FSB of 145MHz. To run at this speed we had to set our CAS timings to 2.5-3-3-3.
This is a very impressive overclock, however, we're quite sure that the module is capable of much more, as it is clear that the SiS648 chipset on our SR7-8X has difficulty running at high FSB speeds.
Overall, we were very impressed with the Corsair XMS3200 memory module. It is fast, stable and most importantly, can withstand high clock speeds, making it ideal for overclockers who like to gain the maximum performance out of their hardware. That said, coming in at an RRP of AU$220, it may be out of reach for some of you. However, premium quality does come at a premium price.
The bottom line is, if you are a hardcore overclocker looking to upgrade your memory module(s), you won't find much better than Corsair's XMS3200. However, if you are not overclocking you would probably be better off with something a little cheaper such as Kingmax or Crucial.
Can run at aggressive CAS timings
Rating - 9/10 Search for the best price on Corsair XMS3200 256MB Memory! PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below. United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website. United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website. Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit