For many, the type of memory used is not too much of a concern and the cheapest module is often the most satisfying. However, for overclockers, memory is one of the most important components of the whole PC. Why? Well, on many motherboards as you increase the FSB (front side bus) to overclock your processor, your memory bus, PCI bus and AGP bus all increase in clock speed as well. While some current motherboards now feature dividers that allow you to lock your memory bus at speeds of your choice, your module still needs to be able to run at high speeds while keeping low CAS timings.
For years now, Corsair has been the number one memory manufacturers for overclockers. Not only have their modules been able to reach higher speeds than the competition, but they have also been able to do this while keeping latency timings to a minimum. We have recently had the chance to take a look at Corsair's latest product, XMS3200. Can Corsair continue to raise the bar in the memory market? Read on to find out!
Memory amount: 256MB
Access time: 6.0ns
Implemented using 32M x 8M DDR SDRAMs with 6.0ns access time
100% tested at 200MHz in high performance systems
Integrated aluminium heat spreader for improved thermal performance
Each module is tested in either an EPoX EP-8K3A and/or Asustek P4S333 at 200MHz
Latency: 2-3-3-3-1T if one module is installed
Latency: 2.5-6-3-3-2T if two modules are installed
SPD programmed at proposed JEDEC values of PC2700 (PC3200 not defined by JEDEC yet)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit