For many, the type of memory used is not too much of a concern and the cheapest module is often the most satisfying. However, for overclockers, memory is one of the most important components of the whole PC. Why? Well, on many motherboards as you increase the FSB (front side bus) to overclock your processor, your memory bus, PCI bus and AGP bus all increase in clock speed as well. While some current motherboards now feature dividers that allow you to lock your memory bus at speeds of your choice, your module still needs to be able to run at high speeds while keeping low CAS timings.
For years now, Corsair has been the number one memory manufacturers for overclockers. Not only have their modules been able to reach higher speeds than the competition, but they have also been able to do this while keeping latency timings to a minimum. We have recently had the chance to take a look at Corsair's latest product, XMS3200. Can Corsair continue to raise the bar in the memory market? Read on to find out!
Memory amount: 256MB
Access time: 6.0ns
Implemented using 32M x 8M DDR SDRAMs with 6.0ns access time
100% tested at 200MHz in high performance systems
Integrated aluminium heat spreader for improved thermal performance
Each module is tested in either an EPoX EP-8K3A and/or Asustek P4S333 at 200MHz
Latency: 2-3-3-3-1T if one module is installed
Latency: 2.5-6-3-3-2T if two modules are installed
SPD programmed at proposed JEDEC values of PC2700 (PC3200 not defined by JEDEC yet)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Battlerite Royale hits free-to-play on Steam, now available
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Magnum Trt Secrets
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure