Taking A Closer Look
- Package Contents
The board comes packaged in a white and blue box, with the color scheme putting emphasis on the "cool" factor. Inside the box is a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, an S-Video to RCA converter, an S-video extension cable, an RCA extentsion cable and a DVI-to-VGA converter.
On the driver CD you'll find a full version copy of SiluroDVD (rebadge of Intervideo's WinDVD), nVidia's 40.41 drivers and an NVFlash utility for flashing your card's BIOS. This isn't nearly as much free software as we've seen bundled with other cards, however, this is not a big issue for me as I would certainly rather purchase a card that lacks free software (which I would most likely already own), if it means the card will be priced cheaper. Of course, opinions regarding this matter will vary from person to person.
Before we move on to the card itself, allow us to explain exactly how Abit's O.T.E.S cooling system works. Firstly, the Outside Thermal Exhaust System features a copper fin heatsink with thin and lengthened fins arranged in a wide array. This aids in the conduction of heat, as the greater the surface area, the lower the temperatures. As well as the fin heatsink, a heatpipe is also used in heat dissipation. Inside the heatpipe is liquid, which, as the heatsink gets hotter, absorbs the heat which then turns into vapor. The heat is then released from the upper part of the cylinder, where the vapor condenses to a liquid. Finally, the liquid returns to the lower part of the cylinder by gravity and the process starts all over again. This is similar to the cooling methods we've seen on vapor-phase cooling systems such as the Vapochill.
Cooling down the heatsink is a dual ball-bearing 7200RPM fan, which obviously runs quite a bit louder than the stock heatsink/fan unit usually installed on Ti4200 cards. That said, if you are purchasing this card, chances are you are an overclocker and have already packed your case with plenty of high speed fans. If this is the case, the noise level won't change much.
Due to the fact that the O.T.E.S cooling system is extremely large, Abit was forced to double the size of the mounting bracket, which in turn takes up the PCI slot that is directly below the AGP slot. With motherboards currently featuring up to 6 PCI slots as well as plenty of onboard features, the loss of one PCI slot shouldn't be a problem for most of you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 3 [Package Contents & O.T.E.S]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 4 [The Card]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 5 [Test Systems & Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 6 [Comanche 4, 3DMark 2001 SE & Quake 3 Arena]
- Abit Ti4200 OTES - Page 7 [Overclocking & Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit