Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are greater than the TP-750, we can test it to the maximum.
Antec's TP-750 produced solid numbers throughout all five tests that we put it through. You will notice that the 3.3V reading starts out high but maintains a very stable voltage as loads increase. At 3.40V-3.41V, it is close to the upper limit of the ATX specification, but still within it. All other voltages are right where you would expect them to be and well within specifications.
Antec's TruePower series of power supplies have always been trusted and revered by gamers and enthusiasts alike. Their latest TruePower PSU's are sure to continue this trend as the TP-750 we received shows great build quality and voltage readings.
The hybrid cable management is fantastic as well. The native cables will provide plenty of connectors for a vast majority of users in need of a 750W power supply and the modular cables are sure to meet the needs of the rest. The versatility of the PCI-E connectors on the power supply being able to be used for peripheral cables simply makes it even better.
The only fault I can find in the TP-750 lies within the slightly cheaper method for packaging the unit. It is certainly understandable as moving to cardboard for protecting the unit is lighter than foam and much cheaper. This also cuts down on shipping costs. Most don't take this into consideration, but even a few ounces of reduced weight per package makes a huge difference in total cost when you ship several million units worldwide.
Overall, Antec's TP-750 is a unit worthy of your money in almost any manner. So long as the wattage, connector availability and cable length suit your needs, you can't go wrong with the TP-750.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability & Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media