Really, you're not seeing anything too different here to what you've seen in the past. The card looks very much like the last few high end NVIDIA cards; the GTX 470 and GTX 480 when it comes to the overall look. The cooler has been worked on, though, and we don't have that massive grill on the front.
To be completely honest, I loved the grill. It kind of gave that feeling of power. I'd just love to see a company use it if it was even just for cosmetic reasons.
The big thing about the GTX 580 is the fact that it's got 512 Shaders, which is what we all thought the GTX 480 would carry when it launched earlier this year. Word was that we ended up with 480 Shaders because NVIDIA struggled to get the chips to do 512. Whatever reason it was, though, we've got a card with 512 now.
Clocks have been bumped a little. The GTX 480 had a 701 / 1401 / 3696MHz QDR Core / Shader / Memory setup; the GTX 580 carries with it a 772 / 1544 / 4008MHz QDR setup.
Memory remains the same in both size and bus width which is 1536MB on a 383-bit bus. What you essentially end up with is an overclocked GTX 480 with more Shaders. There's nothing really new here.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]