The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display
The AirFlow Pro comes in this packaging and explains that this is a Parametric Display for DHX Pro Dominator memory next to a lighted image of the AirFlow Pro mounted on top of the CMXAF2.
All of the sides on the packaging mirror the first image, except for this panel. On the light blue background Corsair listed the features of the AirFlow Pro and gives you an idea of what it takes to run it, and what should be expected.
Removing the AirFlow Pro, I found that the LED display is shipped inside of a plastic bag to keep it from rubbing against the cardboard during transit. Inside of the cardboard the unit is resting on you will locate the included hardware to make the AirFlow Pro Functional.
Removing the plastic bag from the dynamic LED display you see eighteen groups of three LEDs. The center two are used for thermal monitoring, while the other eight above and below are used for depiction of the activity of the sticks. The far end with the Corsair logo has a shroud that covers the wires and connectivity. The end closest to us has two holes, and with some included risers, mounts above the CMXAF2.
Underneath the unit is where things get interesting. You can see there is more to this assembly than just LED functionality. Included into the PCB is the chip that holds the parametric equation to make the proper activity lights turn on at the correct time.
Connectivity is simple with the AirFlow Pro. There are six 5-pin plugs in the middle that utilize the cables supplied to attach to the RAM modules. To the right is a 4-pin connection that with an included adapter, is what powers the AirFlow Pro. The white plug to the left has no explanation, but at my best guess, I assume it is what they use to program the code into the chips.
Included in the AirFlow Pro packaging you will find two risers, two lock washers, two washers, and two thumbscrews to mount the LEDs to the top of the fan.
To make sure the system has power you will use the 4-pim to Molex power cable. To transfer the information from the DHX Pro memory modules to the AirFlow Pro you will need to wire one of these six wires between the two of them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and the Corsair AirFlow 2 Memory Cooler]
- Page 4 [The Corsair AirFlow Pro Dynamic LED Display]
- Page 5 [The Corsair Dominator Memory with DHX Pro Technology]
- Page 6 [Assembly and Testing]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions