Inside the Box
Opening the box up for the first time, we can see that Sparkle Computer takes some pride in their packaging and presents you with some information in a more formal manner. That isn't a user manual in the picture, but rather a folder that contains information about the SCC-850AF power supply.
Taking the foam off the top half of the power supply shows that Sparkle Computer even wraps the power supply in a synthetic felt bag to protect it further during shipping and handling.
Once we get the SCC-850AF out of the box we can get a good look at it. On the bottom we see a honeycomb fan grill displaying the Sparkle Computer logo in the middle.
Taking a look at the front of the power supply, we can see the modular connections. The SCC-850AF gives you enough connections for a pair of graphics cards and five peripheral cables. The front of the power supply is also vented for additional airflow.
On one side of the SC-850AF we have the specification label. It is nice that they give you the color code for the individual rails. The unfortunate part of all this is that you cannot discern which rail is which for the modular cables, as none of the modular cables continue the color code and just use yellow wires without a stripe. You can, however, look at the two hardwired cables and see that the 24-pin main cable is 12V1 and the ATX 4+4 cable is 12V2.
The other side of the SCC-850AF simply has a logo and serial number on the side of it. Unfortunately it isn't inverted, so if the PSU is displayed in a BTX case, it will be displayed upside down.
The back of the SCC-850AF doesn't contain anything special. The typical honeycomb exhaust grill, AC input, and on/off switch reside here.
Above is what is included in the folder that Sparkle Computer includes with the SCC-850AF power supply. The user manual and warranty care are here as well an 80Plus Gold certificate which displays efficiency on the inside. There is also a card redeemable for a free gift from Sparkle Computer attached to the right pocket of the folder. Sparkle Computer also includes some thumb screws and reusable Velcro cable ties.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard