Inside the Box
Opening the box up for the first time, we can see that Sparkle Computer takes some pride in their packaging and presents you with some information in a more formal manner. That isn't a user manual in the picture, but rather a folder that contains information about the SCC-850AF power supply.
Taking the foam off the top half of the power supply shows that Sparkle Computer even wraps the power supply in a synthetic felt bag to protect it further during shipping and handling.
Once we get the SCC-850AF out of the box we can get a good look at it. On the bottom we see a honeycomb fan grill displaying the Sparkle Computer logo in the middle.
Taking a look at the front of the power supply, we can see the modular connections. The SCC-850AF gives you enough connections for a pair of graphics cards and five peripheral cables. The front of the power supply is also vented for additional airflow.
On one side of the SC-850AF we have the specification label. It is nice that they give you the color code for the individual rails. The unfortunate part of all this is that you cannot discern which rail is which for the modular cables, as none of the modular cables continue the color code and just use yellow wires without a stripe. You can, however, look at the two hardwired cables and see that the 24-pin main cable is 12V1 and the ATX 4+4 cable is 12V2.
The other side of the SCC-850AF simply has a logo and serial number on the side of it. Unfortunately it isn't inverted, so if the PSU is displayed in a BTX case, it will be displayed upside down.
The back of the SCC-850AF doesn't contain anything special. The typical honeycomb exhaust grill, AC input, and on/off switch reside here.
Above is what is included in the folder that Sparkle Computer includes with the SCC-850AF power supply. The user manual and warranty care are here as well an 80Plus Gold certificate which displays efficiency on the inside. There is also a card redeemable for a free gift from Sparkle Computer attached to the right pocket of the folder. Sparkle Computer also includes some thumb screws and reusable Velcro cable ties.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit