So, what is our verdict on the NETGEAR Universal Wireless Adapter? It is a solid product. Now, I know what you are thinking. You are looking at the performance numbers and the 10/100 Ethernet port. Those are all valid points IF you are connecting this to a PC. But this is for a TV, a Game Console, and/or a Blu-ray player (for BD Live).
All of these devices (with the exception of the game console) are not bandwidth hogs. They are going to take up a very minimal amount of your WiFi network. Even the gaming console is not going to max things out. After all, the average connection in the US is around 6MBps with some people maxing out at 40Mbps. That is still less than half of what you can get through that 10/100 port.
So in the end, the performance is more than sufficient to handle even the needs of online console gaming. Plus, for only $59.99 at NewEgg.com , it is a pretty good deal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- All the legit Destiny 2 deals for PC during release week
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard