Power Consumption Tests
Using our new PROVA Power Analyzer WM-01 or "Power Thingy" as it has become quickly known as to our readers, we are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into AC wall socket).
There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.
The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum - only a SSD hard drive is used with a single CD ROM and minimal cooling fans.
So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.
Power draw on the model isn't bad, nowhere near the level the MSI Lightning is and a bit lower in both load and idle when compared to the Galaxy version. GIGABYTE promised us less power draw, and that's clearly true.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Card and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 15 [Temperature Test]
- Page 16 [Sound Test]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA